The Aquatic Life RO Buddie 50 GPD 4-stage (RO/DI) systems feature unbelievable affordability and functionality, all in a very compact design. Designed to provide a reliable source of economical filtered water for aquarium use, all systems use Thin-Film Composite (TFC) Membrane RO cartridges in conjunction with Carbon and Sediment cartridges to effectively and efficiently remove harmful substances such as heavy metal ions, dissolved solids (TDS), Chlorine and particulate matter from municipal tap water.
4 Stage (50 GPD + RO/DI):
- AFFORDABLE DEIONIZED WATER – The AquaticLife RO Buddie is a 4-stage reverse osmosis deionization system designed for residential use. Use RO/DI filtered water for aquariums, humidifiers and more.
- REDUCES TDS TO ZERO – This reverse osmosis water filtration system includes a Sediment, Carbon, Membrane, and DI Resin cartridge. The RO Membrane effectively removes up to 98 percent of the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in water. The remaining TDS is removed by the Resin.
- EFFECTIVE SEDIMENT REMOVAL – The 5-micron Sediment filter captures and reduces unwanted particulate material such as sand, silt, and rust from water which affect the taste and appearance of your water.
- CARBON FILTER REDUCES CHLORINE – The second stage of your reverse osmosis water filter is a Carbon Block filter. The 5-micron activated carbon filter reduces chlorine and conditions the water prior to the RO membrane filter.
- COLOR-CHANGING DEIONIZATION (For 4 stage) – The color-changing deionization mixed-bed resin is necessary to reduce TDS to zero in the final stage of an RO/DI system. It uses Cation and Anion beads to remove TDS from the membrane filtered water.